Ten Steps for Doing STM Trips Well
10 Steps for Doing Short-Term Missions Trips Well by Sarita Hartz relates the down-to-earth experience and perspective of an unorthodox missionary blogger.
"There is a widening disconnect between what churches and teams think are necessary or helpful, and what actually provides long term sustainable impact for missionaries and nations..."
- Pour into the missionaries, not "the children"
- Seek to serve, not self-glory
- Test your motives
- Have a specific, needed skill to offer
- Be a learner and be relational
- Ask about cultural and social norms before you go and respect them
- Be flexible and put your ego aside for a week
- Be generous with your time, your talents, and you patience
- Be compassionate and kind, but don't be led by needs; be led by the Holy Spirit
- Follow through
Read the full article here.