Team Nozomi: Community Outreach and Work Projects in Japan
- Trip Status: 2-4 more openings
- Date: July 13 - August 6, 2018
- Contact: Matt Filbert at ProclaimChrist@rpmissions.org
- Trip Costs: Airfare (est. $1,300-$1,900. Plus $800 for other expenses.
Missionary Woody Lauer, Director of the Nozomi Community Center in Yamamoto, Japan, has requested a team to travel to Japan this summer to do community outreach and work projects.
The OPC was part of a coalition that founded the Nozomi Community Center after the Great Tsunami of 2011.
“Team Nozomi” is being organized by RP Missions, the short-term missions arm of the Reformed Presbyterian Church of North America (RPCNA).
- July 13 – August 6, 2018 (incorrect dates = June 15 – July 6, 2018)
Work May Include:
- Work projects such as carpentry and painting
- Community service projects such as cutting grass
- Community outreach projects such as English Camp and/or VBS
Japanese Speaker Wanted:
- Anyone who can speak Japanese would be a tremendous help on this team!
- Work will be done at the Nozomi Community Center in Yamamoto, and/or at Megumi Chapel in Sendai
- Find the application process described at rpmissions.org/apply.
- Estimated cost of round trip airfare is $1,300-$1,900
Plus, $800 for ground transport, food, lodging, emergency medical/evacuation insurance, ministry supplies
- If you intend to use fundraising letters, RP Missions can assist with printing and posting them!
Contact Team Organizer at RP Missions:
Please contact Team Organizer Matt Filbert directly for further information:
Director, RP Missions
PHOTOS from NozomiCenter.com