Summer 2019: Service and Outreach in Japan
- Trip Status: Open
- Date: June 28 - August 9, 2019
- Contact: Matt Filbert at ProclaimChrist@rpmissions.org
- Trip Costs: $1,600.00 plus airfare
In 2011, the Earth shook and Sendai was devastated by a powerful tsunami. And seven years later, the rebuilding continues…
This mission team will be laboring with God’s people in Sendai to continue to aid in the rebuilding and clean-up efforts in this city and most importantly the team will be laboring with the saints to provide a witness of Christ to a population that is in great need of the gospel and to know the hope only to be found in Jesus Christ.
If you have a servant’s heart and a desire to come alongside those who have been laboring so diligently over these past five years to attend to the abundant needs in Sendai, please apply today.
Work May Include:
- English conversation and singing at camps/VBSs
- Help posting flyers and tracts
- Beach outreach
- Meeting hall refurbishing including drywall construction
- Painting and church cleaning
- Street evangelism
- Community service to the elderly
- English cafe
- If God provides some talented musicians, some concerts in the park
The team will be working at four locations in the north of Japan:
- Sendai Megumi Church
- Yamamoto Nozomi Church
- Christ is Life Brazilian Presbyterian Church in Tahara
- Kanagawa Presbytery of the Presbyterian Church in Japan (PCJ)
- Find the application process described at rpmissions.org/apply.
- $1,600.00 Plus Airfare
- If you intend to use fundraising letters, RP Missions can assist with printing and posting them!
Contact RP Missions:
Please contact Team Organizer Matt Filbert at RP Missions directly for further details:
Director, RP Missions
PHOTO from the website of a community center co-founded by the OPC following the tsunami of 2011, NozomiCenter.com