Preschool Teaching Assistants Needed at KEO in Uganda
- Trip Status: Open
- Date: Year-Round
- Contact: Angela Voskuil at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trip Costs: Must raise your own support
YEAR-ROUND OPPORTUNITY: Men, women, couples, college students! Do you like to teach, and desire to serve as a short-term missionary on a foreign mission field?
Teaching assistants are needed to work with the Karamoja Education Outreach program in Uganda.
Karamoja Education Outreach (KEO):
KEO was started by the OP Uganda Mission in 2013. It encompasses:
- Teaching preschool to neighboring village children at the main building location
- Teaching a new Bible lesson every week to each of the seven classes at two government-run primary schools (equal to elementary school)
Most children attending the preschool are between the ages of three and seven.
Eighteen Karamojong teachers are employed to teach the children in their native tongue of Karimojong. A Missionary Associate (MA) serves as director/overseer of the school, but also works to co-manage the preschool along with three Karamojong supervisors.
Short-Term Teaching Assistants:
Short-term teaching assistants help the MA with day to day running of the preschool which may include (generally speaking): teaching, assistant teaching, classroom management and supervision, administrative work, and collaborating with our Karamojong supervisors and teachers to keep the school running smoothly.
Cooperative and willing to work together with people of a very different culture
Flexible and interested in making the best out of not-always-perfect situations
Friendly & Agreeable
Not fussy or dogmatic
Happy to be around children and people in general
Willing to take initiative and follow through on plans
Willing to learn
- Experience and/or training in education
- Anyone who is good at sports – especially soccer!
- Young men are especially appreciated and enjoyed by the children!
- Interest in learning the local language (with the help of the missionaries and KEO teachers) would be a great asset.
- Short-term teaching assistants are welcome at any time of the year, as KEO is open year-round
- It is recommended to visit for at least a few months, if possible
- KEO teaching assistants, like other short-term missionaries, must raise their own support
- Costs vary considerably from person to person depending on how long one stays and current airfare rates
- Contact Angela Voskuil, below, for the details.
KEO Facebook Page:
- Visit KEO on Facebook
Miss Angela Voskuil
OP Uganda Mission