Churches Helping Churches: Can Your Church Use a Team?
OP churches are challenged to consider creating a short-term missions opportunity!
Is there a local outreach event (such as a VBS), community service project, church ministry program, or facility improvement scheme, that you could take on if you had the help of a team from another church or presbytery?
We are told to use our gifts in serving one another (1 Peter 4:10). If you request a team to help out at your church, you will be creating an opportunity for those who desire to give of their time and gifts in short-term service.
Churches Helping Churches:
In the past few years, several churches have made their needs known, and individuals and groups have responded to the call. The collaboration has resulted in thanksgiving for an accomplishment enjoyed by both the team participants and the recipients of the help!
- Covenant OPC in Barre, VT, appreciated the volunteers who came from the midwest to participate in ministering to a brother in their community.
- New Covenant OPC in South San Francisco, CA, is thankful for help they received with their church building's extreme makeover.
- Providence OPC, in West Lebanon, NH, needed help fixing up the old building they had recently acquired, and OPC members from across the country responded to the call! Pastor Tim Herndon reported, “The saints of Providence Presbyterian were so blessed by the warm fellowship and generous service of those who came to work with us! Our little diamond in the rough of a building now stands out in our neighborhood as the nicely kept church building—with the lights on and activity going on inside and out!"
- San Antonio Reformed in Texas received a team from Trinity OPC in Hatboro, PA, to help them with their local outreach program.
- Christ OPC in Magna, UT, welcomed Team Utah over three consecutive summers to complete their church refurbishment project.
- Christ the King OPC in Naples, FL, has received teams to help with local outreach and service projects.
- Neon Reformed OPC in Neon, KY, has welcomed a number of teams to help them refurbish their manse apartment, including a master bath rebuild.
How To Request a Team:
Click here to complete a form to "Request a Team to Help Your Church" and we will create a post at OPCSTM.org, at Facebook, and in the monthly S.T.O.R.M. Report, to help you find a team.
OPC Short-Term Missions and Disaster Response Coordinator