How to Donate
Hurricane Relief 2018: Hurricane Florence
Stay tuned for details on making donations to Hurricane Florence relief work!
Thank you for your interest in making a tax-deductible donation to the Disaster Response work of the OPC Committee on Diaconal Ministries (CDM).
We praise the Lord for the visible demonstration of compassion in His people as they seek ways to reach out to those who have suffered the consequences of major disasters.
Disaster Response Funds:
- The CDM maintains a General Disaster Response Fund.
- In addition, when a major disaster strikes, the CDM often creates a Designated Disaster Response Fund to receive contributions for that specific disaster.
- While the CDM is committed to utilizing donations designated for a specific disaster towards that disaster, on occasion a portion of the designated funds may remain long after the disaster response effort has concluded. In that case, the committee has the following policies in place:
- Any designated disaster response funds that remain two years after the date of the disaster may be transferred to the CDM General Disaster Response Fund.
- Amounts in the CDM General Disaster Response Fund over $50,000 may be transferred to the CDM General Fund.
Donate by Check:
Make check payable to:
- Orthodox Presbyterian Church
Designate on check:
- Donation to General Disaster Response Fund:
- Write "Disaster Response" on your check
- Donation to Refugee Relief:
- Write “Refugee Relief” on your check
- Donation to a Designated Disaster:
- Write the name of the disaster on your check (i.e., "Hurricane Harvey")
Mail checks to:
The Committee on Diaconal Ministries
Orthodox Presbyterian Church
607 N. Easton Rd., Bldg. E
Willow Grove, PA 19090-2539
Hurricane Relief 2017-2018: Houston and Puerto Rico
Donations are still being received for hurricane relief work that is ongoing in Houston and Puerto Rico.
Donate by check (above), or online:
- Click to donate to Hurricane Harvey relief via PAYPAL (Credit Card / Debit Card accepted)
- Click to donate to Hurricane Maria relief via PAYPAL (Credit Card / Debit Card accepted)
As of July 31, 2018, over $670,000 has been received by the CDM for hurricane relief work in response to Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria.
How to Pray:
As you pray for the victims of a disaster, and the relief workers and/or missionaries in the area, please also remember to pray for the CDM, that we may be diligent in our efforts to carry out an effective ministry of mercy in the name of Christ.
Overview of OPC Disaster Response:
Click here for an overview of OPC Disaster Response.
Disaster Response Coordinator
Administrator, Committee on Diaconal Ministries
The Orthodox Presbyterian Church
607 N. Easton Rd, Bldg E, Willow Grove, PA 19090
Primary Phone: Cell (562) 760-7606
Secondary Phone: Office (215) 935-1007
OPC Disaster Response at Facebook