Overview – English House in Asia
As a participant in the "English House" short-term missions opportunity, you will be part of a team that consists of volunteers from around the world. The team will teach English Conversation in a university classroom, and room with students in a university residence called "English House." Living with the students provides further opportunity for making friends, practicing English, and sharing the gospel if possible.
- The month of July each summer
- Must arrive by June 25th, and plan to fly home no earlier than August 1st
- Those who have finished their junior year of college are preferred, however, mature persons who have finished their sophomore year will also be considered.
- It is not necessary to have a teaching background, although that would be helpful.
- There will be a lot of demands on you, so you need to be in good health.
- You should be willing to work as part of a team of volunteers from around the world as soon as you arrive.
- You should expect to teach about one to two hours of English Conversation class every day (Monday to Friday).
- This is not just a tutoring session. The job includes additional hours of lesson preparation, homework grading, student interaction, etc.
Housing and Expenses:
- Room and board is provided.
- You are responsible for your airfare and spending money.
- You may choose to live in a dorm or with students in the "English House" residence. The English House requires a commitment on your part to share meals and spend your free time with your roommates so they can continue to practice their English. This provides a great opportunity for building relationships with the students.
- Click here to find testimonials from those who have served in the English House program.
Rev. Douglas Clawson
Associate General Secretary
OPC Committee on Foreign Missions