Churches Helping Churches: Successful July 4th Outreach
Members of nearby OP churches recently answered the call from Rev. Jerry Neumair for volunteers to help Meadow Springs Community Church (OPC) reach out to the community with a "Dragon Master" theme during the Annual July 4th Carnival in Kentwood, Michigan! The group was photographed (above) before they headed out with their float to join the parade!
We received this follow-up report from Rev. Neumair:
Praise God for providing:
- Volunteers from 3 Michigan OP churches:
- Oakland Hills Community Church (Farmington Hills, MI)
- Harvest OPC (Wyoming, MI)
- Cedar OPC (Hudsonville, MI)
- Amazing creativity in presenting the gospel via float, flyers, t-shirts and crafts
- Fantastic weather (mid 70's and no humidity)
- The distribution of approximately 3,000 invites and gospel tracts (along with many refrigerator magnets and pocket New Testaments)
- The funding of this outreach through the generosity of 2 churches and 2 families
Pray for fruit:
- For follow-up on emails collected at the carnival for future events and sermon series
- For families to attend the advertised series on "How to Train Your Children"
- For God to move in the hearts of those who read or re-read our flyers, invites and Bibles
- For a steady stream of visitors with some becoming fruitful members
Can Your Church Use a Team?
If your church could use some volunteers from other churches to help you with a local outreach project, please feel free to let us know at [email protected] so that we can help you get the word out!